My Lei Pua Bead Set
Introducing My Lei Pua: a wooden bead threading set for the flower child in your life! “Threading beads” are a staple of Montessori classrooms, where little learners hone their motor skills and exercise patience as they manipulate chunky, bright beads perfectly sized for keiki hands. For extension activities, ask older children to identify the flowers, count the beads out, or thread them in a repeating pattern. Painted wooden beads are made to resemble some of the most ubiquitous pua of Hawai’i: pink and white plumeria, purple and green dendrobium orchids, pale lilac crown flower, and orange puakenikeni. We hope they remind your little one of Hawai’i's natural beauty wherever you go!
- Wooden toy
- Materials: Wood, MDF, non-toxic paint, string
- Set contains 12 beads each about 1" wide and a cord with wooden tips for easy threading.
- Recommended for ages 3+ under adult supervision.
- Keiki Kaukau has been third-party tested to meet all applicable child safety requirements
- Keiki Kaukau's partner factory was founded by 3 moms and has been producing quality wooden toys for over a decade
- Wood sourced from responsibly managed forests
- Designed in Hawaii
Valia Honolulu is a boutique with heart. We are located in Chinatown Honolulu in a neighborhood filled with small independently-owned and operated businesses. We love supporting small and local businesses here in Hawaii. We proudly stock a curated assortment of handmade, made in Hawaii and women-owned companies. We believe your purchase should come packaged with a story. That story becomes a beautiful memory over time with fond memories that makes you smile.
Keiki Kaukau (kay-kee cow-cow) means "kid food" in local lingo. Created by a Hawai'i mom and school teacher, Keiki Kaukau creates beautiful, quality toys that authentically represent the Aloha State and its unique blend of cultures. Keiki Kaukau pays your Aloha forward by donating 5 meals to the Hawai'i Food Bank for every set purchased.